The Alzheimer’s Association is a wonderful organization with a mission statement that reads: “To eliminate Alzheimer’s Disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.” If you visit their website this month you’ll see a great resource that we feel is important to pass along. They recent posted a great article entitled “Know the 10 Signs”.
10 major signs of Alzheimer’s Disease to be aware of:
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood and personality
If you or a loved one is experiencing any (or a combination) of the above 10 signs, please discuss this with a medical professional. So often these issues are masked because folks may be unaware, or embarrased. It’s always best to get in front of issues surrounding Alzheimer’s Disease and other health issues so that proper health management techniques can be employed early on!
If you liked this post, visit another entitled Big Gains Seen In Recent Alzheimer’s Research (with a great video about what Alzheimer’s Disease really is).