1. Keith Maderer is a financial and estate advisor who has some great posts about aging and estate issues. He’s also an accomplished author and speaker. Keith is from Western NY and has over 30,000 followers!
— KeithD. Maderer (@kdmaderer) June 13, 2013
2. Barbara McVicker is a caregiving expert focusing on financial, emotional & physical stress of caregiving, (as well as elder care benefits & the work-life balance). She’s also a public speaker on the subject matter. Barbara is from Columbus, Ohio and has over 4,600 followers.
3. Denise Brown is a caregiving author, speaker and caregiving coach. She also founded CareGiving.com a website dedicated to assisting families with caregiver stories and solutions. Denise has over 12,000 twitter followers.
4. Carol Bradley Bursack is a columnist, author, consultant and speaker. She wrote the book “Minding Our Elders” (hey that would make a good twitter handle…) and has appeared as a resident caregiving expert in her many media appearances. Carol has over 2,900 followers.
— mindingourelders (@mindingourelder) June 11, 2013
5. Dr. Bill Thomas is an author, entrepreneur, musician, teacher, farmer and physician whose life’s work explores the terrain of human aging. Dr. Thomas founded a global non-profit (The Eden Alternative) which works to improve the care provided to older people. Our favorite quote pulled from his website ““What we need is a radical reinterpretation of longevity that makes elders (and their needs) central to our collective pursuit of happiness and well-being.” If that by itself doesn’t implore you to follow him… nothing will. Dr. Bill has over 3,000 followers.
#aging can help us see with our eyes closed. What we call experience is really a type of vision. It is our past that lets us see the future
— Dr. Bill Thomas (@drbillthomas) June 11, 2013