Being able to communicate with loved ones is crucial. For those with hearing issues, communication becomes about more than catching up on daily activities or understanding the flow of conversation. It can be a safety concern. You need to make sure you and those you care about can hear everything from birthday wishes and favorite television shows to cars coming down the street or the right stop being called on the subway.
When it's time to purchase a hearing aid, it can be difficult to sift through all the options and know which one is best for you. We understand the importance of hearing as well as the necessity of having the right hearing aid. We are here to help you if you're trying to decide between the Oticon or Beltone brands. Use these different categories to assist you as you make this important decision.
Oticon vs Beltone: How Are They Similar?
- Smartphone adaptable: In today's world of technology, it can be significantly more convenient to have a hearing aid that is compatible with your smartphone. You can now cut out any intermediary device and allow your hearing aids to directly connect with your smartphone. This means you can listen to your favorite songs or talk on the phone without having to connect through another device first.
- Recharging options: No more large batteries required. No more having to replace a battery every three to 10 days. You can now buy hearing aids that recharge when you sleep so you can go a full day before having to charge them again.
- No more whistling: Put your phone to your ear or hug a friend without irritating whistling of a typical hearing aid.
- Reduced background noise: Stop avoiding crowds when you can understand someone's speech more easily, even out in public.
- Hear simultaneous conversations: Because it takes less effort to hear, you can now pick up on more than one person talking at a time.
Your hearing can be revolutionized and taken to a completely new level with the options these hearing aids provide. There are also convenient services provided by both companies. While you can go to a hearing center to have your hearing aid adjusted and tuned, some hearing aids are now able to be remotely adjusted. This means you can get minor issues solved without leaving home. Beltone and Oticon also offer free online hearing tests so you can decide if you need to visit a hearing center for more extensive testing.
The cost for an Oticon hearing aid can vary from $1,800 to $4,040 per unit depending on the technology included. While Beltone doesn't list its unit prices, $2,500 to $4,500 per unit is what most customers have stated they paid.
Oticon has four main models; the Opn S, the Opn Play, the Siya and the Dynamo. The Opn Play model is designed specifically for children to help their development and speech understanding. There are several varieties of the Opn S so you can find one that best suits your needs. Beltone has three models; the Amaze, the Trust and the Boost Max. All three models claim to make a huge difference whether your hearing loss is mild or severe. Both companies have in the ear options that include the following:
- Invisible in the canal
- Completely in the canal
- In the canal
- Half shell
- Full shell
Beltone provides a hearing care program called BelCare. This program entitles wearers to many benefits such as an annual hearing evaluation; a phone line for patient care; one year of protection if your hearing aid is lost, damaged or stolen; and protection for two years in case your hearing loss changes. There are more than 1,500 Beltone locations nationwide.
Oticon products are typically included in VHA benefits for veterans as well as military personnel on active duty. Oticon offers hearing aids with relief sounds to provide relief for tinnitus. Oticon is an international company with locations in over 20 countries, but it uses authorized medical professionals for customer service instead of having brand-specific locations.
|Aid from Apps||Oticon ON App||HearMax App|
|Variety||More models and styles, including one specifically for children||Fewer models to choose from|
|Customer Service||Online support section, otherwise you must find an authorized professional||Customer service number you can call, email form to fill out and local Beltone centers you can visit|
|Technology Available||Soft Speech Booster|
Speech Rescue for difficult listening environments
Super Power solution for severe to profound hearing loss
360-degree sound experience
OpenSound Optimizer technology to prevent whistling
TwinLink technology for binaural processing
|Speech in noise recognition|
Wind and background noise reduction
Automatic volume control
Gradual hearing aid sound adaptation
Both companies have much to offer and can immensely improve the quality of life for those with hearing loss. With the help of a hearing aid, you or your loved one can take advantage of new opportunities and enjoy communication on a whole new level. You won't know what you're missing out on until you try one.