5. Casper Original - Best for Lower Back Pain
What We Like Most:
- Perforated, breathable foam provides well-balanced airflow
- Highly responsive foam excellent for side sleepers
- Zoned support: soft under shoulders, yet firm around hips and lumbar region
- Can help with back pain
Cost for a queen: $1,295
Trial length: 100 nights
Warranty: 10-year limited warranty
Casper pioneered the e-commerce bed-in-a-box trend with its 2014 launch, and its first mattress, the Casper Original, still remains one of our favorites. Constructed from premium foam and free from chemical odors, its twin mattress is ultra-lightweight — coming in at less than 50 pounds — and easier for seniors to move, if necessary.
The Casper Original is designed to provide a range of features to accommodate people who struggle with arthritis. For example, its three foam layers (premium breathable foam, memory foam, and durable support foam) each play different roles in providing: cooling rest, the right amount of pressure relief, zoned support, and exemplary motion isolation. According to our testers, these features effectively help relieve your high-pressure zones, such as your hips, shoulders, and torso. They also aid in spinal alignment.
One reviewer with arthritis shared his experience with the Casper Original:
“This is the best mattress I have used in my 63 years on this Earth. I have had rheumatoid arthritis since 1994. When my wife and I decided to get this mattress, I was a bit skeptical. I’m so glad we did. I have not slept better. I should have gotten this sooner.”
The Casper Original is the brand’s best-selling mattress and can be purchased online at Casper.com or through Amazon.
- Supports all sleeping positions (side, back, and stomach)
- Outstanding edge support
- Affordable pricing
- Excellent for side, back, and stomach sleepers
- Not best for individuals over 230 pounds
- Weak edge support