The Philips Lifeline with Auto Alert is a very popular medical alert system that utilizes a pendant style medical alert button. The backing of a highly established (well branded) company behind the product makes it a “comfortable choice” for families that want to know who’s behind the product. Philips Lifeline Reviews to follow.
Product Info: Philips Lifeline w/ Auto Alert
- Name: Philips LifeLine With Auto Alert
- Website Info: www.lifelinesys.com
- Auto Fall Detection? : Yes
- Equipment Cost: $0
- Monthly Cost: $40-$53
- Features: Wireless Pendant, Wireless Bracelet, Water Proof Panic Buttons, 24/7 Monitoring, Auto Fall Detection, Cordless Phone Base Unit, CarePartner Communicator Base Unit
Product Review: Philips Lifeline with Auto Alert
Philips Lifeline with AutoAlert utilizes the pendant form factor, and alerts a call center (with integrated fall detection technology) if the user cannot. They now offer a number of integrated medical alert system product accessories for seniors including:
- The traditional Lifeline device/pendant
- The traditional Lifeline alert device/wristband
- A Lifeline pendant with AutoAlert (Fall Detection)
- A base station that integrates with the above mobile devices
- An cordless phone that integrates with their medical alert services
The Bottom Line: Philips Lifeline w/ Auto Alert
The integrated options (noted above) make them one of the leaders in the medical alert/PERS arena. Their website says that monthly service fees start at a “little more than a dollar a day”. Actual cost is $40 per month for standard medical alert (pendant and intercom), and $53 per month for the fall detection device. We spoke with their customer service personnel and they were quite professional.
If you’ve used the Philips Lifeline Medical Alert System or know someone who has, please give us your opinion in the comment section below!