BrightStar Care Review
Headquartered in Gurnee, Illinois, BrightStar Care serves patients through over 300 locations. Providing both nonmedical and medical home care, BrightStar Care is equipped to care for patients of nearly any need. Its team of nurses, therapists, certified nursing assistants, and caregivers provides compassionate care at home or wherever else a client may live.
BrightStar Care offers a variety of in-home care services for seniors and individuals with disabilities, Alzheimer’s, or dementia. Its services include compassionate in-home care, such as medication management, personal care, companion care, transportation, and skilled nursing care.
- Personal care: BrightStar Care offers personal care assistance with tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, and ambulation, allowing your loved one to live in their home safely and independently.
- Companion care: BrightStar Care offers companion care services to help seniors feel less isolated. Caregivers provide regular companion visits, sitter services, and any other recreational activities. The goal is to focus on the client’s well-being and improve their quality of life.
- Senior transportation: For people who need assistance with traveling to appointments or going on errands, BrightStar Care’s caregivers can provide transportation.
- 24-hour home services: BrightStar Care can provide peace of mind for people whose loved ones require 24-hour care and support in the home. Its caregivers provide personal care, emotional care support, household care, and skilled nursing care.
Each BrightStar Care location is independently owned and operated, so your experience may vary slightly from ours. Still, here’s what we learned from our experience with the company.
- BrightStar Care generally costs about $32 per hour.
- BrightStar Care requires no minimum commitments for visit length or weekly hours.
- Same-day care is a possibility, but it will usually take two days for a caregiver to begin work in the home.
- Care needs are assessed through an in-home consultation.
The reps from BrightStar Care proved to be highly knowledgeable and patient as they guided us through their service options. They were careful to differentiate between home care and home health care services — a key difference in terms of cost and insurance coverage.
Through researching online reviews of BrightStar Care, we found that most clients were satisfied with their services. In particular, we noticed many families were grateful for the quick turnaround times that came with arranging their care.
“BrightStar Care has been essential to my long-term recovery. My caregiver, Bonny, is amazing! She comes once a week and sets me up for the whole week with grocery shopping, laundry, and food preparation so I have easy, healthy meals throughout the week. And the staff at BrightStar is extremely helpful and responsive. I have requested last-minute caregiving on occasion, and the team scrambles to get it done. I highly recommend BrightStar.” —Walnut Creek, California
“I evacuated a hurricane with my mother-in-law in hospice and called BrightStar. They came within a day and provided overnight help for us on short notice. Professional, dependable, and excellent help. I highly recommend this home health agency. Thank you, BrightStar.” —Richmond, Virginia
“When my mother needed in-home care, I decided to call BrightStar Care. I am very happy I did. Megan and Cassandra were excellent with my mother.” —Racine, Wisconsin