1. American Standard - Best Overall Walk-In Tubs
What We Like Most:
- Free installation estimates
- American Standard installs, no outsourcing
- Lifetime warranty (includes tub, installation, and labor)
- Hydrotherapy, chromotherapy, and aromatherapy available
American Standard is one of the largest leaders in the walk-in tub industry and has a vast network of walk-in tub installers across the US and Canada. Their walk-in tubs are proudly made in Dallas, Texas.
Our favorite model: American Standard offers a wide variety of walk-in tubs from basic soaker models to high-end, fast-draining whirlpool massage types. They also make tubs with larger doorways, as well as ones with outward-opening doors.
Features: Features vary based on the cost, size, and amenities of the walk-in tubs offered. Options like right and left-sided doors to massage systems and in-line heaters, allow you to pick the right tub for your layout and needs. As a tub should be as enjoyable as it is safe, some tubs also have heated seats, chromotherapy, quick-fill and quick-draining (2 min or less drain time), and aromatherapy for the ultimate relaxing experience.
Cost: From $2,300 – $11,500
Warranty: Lifetime warranty, including installation, labor, and walk-in-tub.
- Lifetime warranty
- No outsourcing for installation
- Wide range of sizes, styles and door configurations (incl. outward swinging doors) to choose from
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Some customers complain of choosing models that were too small.
American Standard has been a household brand for over 14 decades. Their walk-in tubs have unique features like outward-opening doors, heated seats, quick filling tubs, and built-in grab bars. American Standard has an Ease-of-Use commendation from the Arthritis Foundation.