Home Depot Senior Discount: What You Can Expect
- As of 2024, Home Depot does not offer a discount for seniors.
- Home Depot offers Pro Xtra, a loyalty program with rewards and exclusive offers for members only.
- Despite the lack of a senior discount, Home Depot does offer a 10 percent discount to active members and veterans of the U.S. military and their families.
Home Depot provides great deals on all things hardware, home improvement, and gardening. As the largest home improvement retailer in the U.S., Home Depot offers both loyalty and military discounts but does not currently offer senior-specific discounts.
FYI: Looking for discounts on more than just home improvement? Then check out our comprehensive list of senior discounts. We cover deals and steals on everything from restaurants to grocery stores, and even travel, prescriptions, and cell phone plans.
Home Depot’s Military Discount
Home Depot offers a 10 percent discount every day throughout the year to both active members and veterans of the U.S. military. This also includes:
- Members of the Army
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
- Space Force
- National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- The National Guard
This discount is also applicable to spouses of eligible service members who are currently enrolled in Home Depot’s military discount program.
As with any discounts, there are some restrictions listed in the fine print. Unfortunately, individuals who are dependents (apart from spouses) of registered service members, non-military members, or dishonorably discharged veterans are not eligible for receiving this discount.
Additionally, the Home Depot military discount …
- Resets every calendar year, and eligible participants can receive 10 percent off eligible purchases up to a $400 maximum annual discount.
- Can’t be applied to select items, services, and fees, including some commodity products such as lumber, wire, or building materials.
- Requires you to set up an account in order to access the military discount.
- Can’t be combined with other promotions or purchases.
How to Enroll
To enroll in Home Depot military’s discount, use the Home Depot mobile app or visit their website and create a new personal account. From there, you will be prompted to follow further instructions to verify your military status through a third-party verification service. Once you’re approved, you can redeem your military discount on select eligible purchases.
How to Use the Discount
Once you’ve been approved, you can use the military discount either online or in-store at Home Depot. If you purchase items online through Homedepot.com, the discount will be automatically applied during online checkout. If you decide to make the purchase in-store, you will need to use your Virtual ID at checkout to receive the discount.
Home Depot Loyalty Programs
Home Depot currently offers the free Pro Xtra Loyalty program for customers who frequently shop at Home Depot. It’s also a great program if you have a DIY project that requires multiple trips to the store.
How It Works
To join this loyalty program, you need to create a Pro Xtra account and enter your email address, password, and other information. Once you sign up and create a free account, you can track your spending, and earn and redeem your rewards.
Some of the features and benefits of the Pro Xtra Loyalty program include the following.
- Volume Pricing: Members can get a quote on their next project and save money.
- Paint Rewards: Members can save up to 20 percent on paints, stains, and primers, both in-store and online. They also get access to a lifetime of color history.
- Personalized Offers: Members get exclusive personalized offers on various products and services via email, direct mail, or through the app.
- Purchase Tracking: Members can track their purchases and simplify tax preparation.
- Text2Confirm Authorization: To save time, members can sign up for Text2Confirm authorization and approve purchases via text.
Some of the benefits of this free loyalty program include exclusive offers, perks, and rewards. For instance, the Pro Xtra Paint Rewards program provides savings of up to 20 percent on paints, stains, and primers. Additionally, when you’re part of the loyalty program, you can get personalized coupons emailed to you.
Home Depot Price Match Guarantee
Home Depot offers a Price Match Guarantee to get you the lowest price possible. This offer is valid for both online and in-store purchases.
For in-store purchases, Home Depot will match the price of a competitor at the register if you bring an ad, printout, or photo of the item.
Alternatively, you can also take advantage of the Price Match Guarantee for items you’ve already purchased online from another competitor. This guarantee will cover the price of an item, plus the shipping cost.
Home Depot Credit Card
Home Depot offers four main credit cards:
- Project Loan
- Pro Xtra
- Commercial Account
If you sign up for a new credit card account through Home Depot, you can potentially save up to $100 through July 27, 2022. For example, if you spend $300 to $999 on Home Depot purchases, you may get up to $50 off on qualifying purchases when you open up a Pro Xtra Commercial Revolving charge card or Consumer credit card (new accounts only).
Consumer Credit Card
If you sign up for the Consumer credit card from Home Depot, you have one year to make returns, which is four times longer than the normal return window. You also get access to six-month financing on purchases of $299 or more for home repairs, updates, or other projects around the house.
Project Loan Credit Card
If you’re looking for a loan for your next home improvement project, we’d recommend signing up for the Project Loan credit card. When you’re a cardholder of this credit card, you can get loans of up to $55,000 for all your project materials with no annual fees and fixed low monthly payments.
Pro Xtra Commercial Revolving Charge Credit Card
If you’re already an existing Pro Xtra member, you might consider applying for the Pro Xtra Commercial Revolving Charge credit card that lets you earn Pro Xtra Perks four times faster, including additional payment flexibility with low monthly payments.
To learn about other ways to save and earn senior discounts, check out our other guides and lists: