- Industry leadership: Genworth has more than 1,100,00 policyholders with over $18.4 billion in paid claims for long-term care insurance. The provider wrote its first policy in 1871 before becoming a public company in 2004.
- Optional riders: Genworth offers optional inflation protection and informal care riders, as well as other additions to their policies.
- Room and board: Long-term care policies from Genworth will pay for room and board as well as care.
- High monthly maximum benefit: With Genworth, you can choose from high monthly maximum benefit amounts to pay for their covered services. Amounts range from $1,500 to $9,000.
- Shared benefits: Genworth’s long-term care policy offers the option of shared benefits for couples or partners. With this optional rider, you and your spouse can choose to share your coverage maximum if one person needs more costly care than the other.
- Couples discounts: Instead of opting for an expensive individual long-term care insurance policy, you can pay lower premiums when you and your partner apply for coverage.
- Refund of premiums: Should you pass away before age 65, the full amount of premiums that are paid out will be refunded to your beneficiaries.
Join for Free
Members get updates like best products for seniors and senior discounts delivered right to their inbox for free.