Michaels Senior Discounts in 2024
Michael’s Senior Discount: Takeaways
- As of 2023, Michaels offers a senior discount of 10% off your entire purchase, including sale items.
- To qualify for this discount, a person must be age 55 or older, and they must have a Michaels Rewards account.
- Michaels Rewards accounts are free, and you can create one either in a Michaels store or on the retailer’s website.
Pro Tip: Curious how this discount compares to that of Joann stores? Check out our comprehensive list of senior discounts.
Does Michaels Have a Senior Discount?
Michaels offers a senior discount of 10% off your entire purchase. To qualify for this discount, a person must be age 55 or older, and they must also have a Michaels Rewards account.
When creating your Michaels Rewards account, you can verify your age by presenting a government-issued ID. Once your age is verified, you can use your 10% discount both in stores and online.
In stores, you can enter your phone number during checkout, and the discount will be automatically applied. When making purchases online, you can log into your Michaels Rewards account, and the discount will be applied.
If you don’t have a Michaels Rewards discount, a retail associate can verify your age in stores.
Compared to other senior discounts, the Michaels discount is pretty generous, considering it can apply to sale merchandise, and can be used any day. That said, there are some restrictions.
The Michaels senior discount cannot apply toward the following items:
- Great Buy items
- Clearance items
- MichaelsPro Packs
- Custom framing
- Michaels Photo Gifts
- Beverages and candy
- Books and magazines
- Gift cards
- Craft technology machines
- Cricut devices and accessories
- Glowforge devices and accessories
- Silhouette devices and accessories
Additionally, the discount can only be used once per day.
To find more senior discounts on retail, check out our helpful guides: