In addition to covering everything from Original Medicare, Cigna Medicare Advantage plans offer benefits like fitness memberships, home-delivered meals, transportation services, and a social connection program. Above all, Cigna’s plans are very affordable, ranging from $0-$19 in monthly premiums.
Cigna Medicare Advantage Costs
Cigna Medicare Advantage costs will vary by location and the specific plan; however, many people can expect to pay $0 per month in premiums.
Cigna HMO Pricing
||Maximum Annual Out of Pocket
Cigna PPO Pricing
||Maximum Annual Out of Pocket
Current Medicare Advantage Plans
If you choose one of Cigna’s Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, you’ll have a local network of doctors and providers from whom you can seek care. Specialist referrals are mandatory, except for OB/GYN services. Cigna offers HMO Point of Service and HMO Open Point plans, where you can receive flexible coverage.
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans give you a large network of participating providers and facilities, so you have a broad range of doctors and hospitals to choose from. You’ll receive global emergency and urgent care coverage 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
If you want to receive care outside of Cigna’s PPO plans, you’ll have to pay more and submit claims yourself. You’ll also need to meet separate out-of-network deductibles.
Cigna has three different SNPs.
- Dual SNP (D-SNP): If you have both Medicare and Medicaid and qualify for an SNP.
- Chronic SNP (D-SNP): if you have diabetes mellitus
- Institutional SNP (I-SNP): If you reside in a long-term care facility or require nursing home-level care.
You’ll receive all the benefits of Medicare Advantage (including prescription drug coverage) in addition to extra services specific to the plan. Services may include:
- Interdisciplinary care team: If you’re enrolled in an SNP, your care team will consist of a primary doctor, caregiver (as needed), and network doctors/specialists. You can seek further support from pharmacists, social workers, and nurse case managers.
- Case management: You’ll be paired with a case manager to assist you in setting up your medical goals. If you have diabetes, your case manager will help monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Customized care plans: You’ll take a health risk assessment, which will determine what care plan is best. From there, you’ll be assigned a case manager or primary care physician to help achieve your health-related goals.
- Care transitions: If you’re required to stay at a hospital or skilled nursing facility, Cigna Medicare Advantage may help with these expenses.
Cigna offers additional benefits with many of their Medicare Advantage plans. Keep in mind that they will vary by plan and location.
Your plan may provide access to the Silver&Fit Aging and Exercise program where you can receive gym memberships and home fitness programs.
Transportation benefits allow you to take non-emergency trips (via taxi, van, or rideshare through Cigna’s Access2Care) to healthcare facilities within 60 miles of your home. Note that the number of trips you can take depends on plan type.
Once discharged from a hospital or skilled nursing facility, your plan may allow you to receive a set number of meals delivered to your house via GA foods. This benefit is good up to three times each year.
Social Connection Program
This program was specifically created to help you battle loneliness as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. If offered in your area, you’ll have access to a caretaker who will comfort you with instrumental activities like meal preparation, transportation, and chores.
Affordable Diabetes Care
This is an extension to Cigna’s Senior Savings Model, capping the price of insulin to $35 per month regardless of your coverage phase.
Preventative Care Gift Card
To help you manage your health better, Cigna’s Medicare Advantage plans give you a gift card for wellness visits, where you’ll receive $0 copays for annual screenings and a physical examination at an in-network doctor.
Cigna’s customer service can be contacted a variety of ways:
- Calling a representative at (800) 997-1654. They’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online chatting with a member Monday through Friday from 9AM – 8PM (Eastern time)
- Chatting via Facebook or Twitter
Cigna Medicare Advantage Service Area
While Cigna’s Medicare Advantage plans are available in 26 states, which totals 108 counties. Keep in mind that plans may not be offered in all counties within the states below.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- New Mexico
Cigna has also recently expanded benefits that may be available in your area, including their Social Connection Program, Senior Savings Model for affordable diabetes care, and gift cards for preventative care (detailed above).
Cigna Financial Strength
When searching for a Medicare Advantage plan, it never hurts to look at reviews and ratings from trusted sources.
- AM Best: Ranks Cigna Medicare Advantage an “A” (Excellent), indicating the company has the excellent ability to deliver/meet its insurance obligations
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA): Using a five-point scale, NCQA ranks Cigna’s Medicare Advantage plans between a 2.5 and 3.5.
To learn more about our favorite Medicare Advantage providers, check out our helpful guides: