Embrace Hearing offers quality European-designed products for the hard of hearing. Founded in 2011, they have been the highest-rated hearing aid company by Consumer Affairs for three years running.
Embrace functions as an online-only store, and everything can be done right from their website. Due to this, Embrace is able to provide top technology at affordable prices. Embrace Hearing Aids come with a 45-day free trial period, warranties, and helpful online reference videos. They also provide a range of free resources on hearing loss, hearing tests, and technical terminology.
Pros and Cons of Embrace Hearing Aids
There is a wide range of options when considering which hearing aid is best. Here’s how Embrace stacks up against competitors.
Pros of Embrace Hearing Aids
- Quality at Affordable Cost: Offering hearing aids direct-to-consumer, Embrace provides quality hearing solutions that are also affordable.
- Return Policy: Embrace offers a 45-day return policy. Within this time period, any undamaged model can be returned for a full refund. There are no fees associated with these returns.
- Warranty: Embrace Hearing Aids come with a two or three-year warranty depending on the model. During this time, all defects in receivers or rechargeable batteries will be replaced free of charge.
- Online Hearing Test: The Embrace website offers a free hearing test on their website to help potential customers understand their hearing loss needs.
Cons of Embrace Hearing Aids
- Online-only: Embrace does not have traditional brick-and-mortar stores to visit. Customer service and all other forms of communication, as well as the hearing test, must be done via the internet or by calling their service phone number.
FYI: While many hearing aid companies offer a hearing test, you may want to start with the self-evaluation published by the National Institute of Deafness.
Embrace Hearing Aid Models
Embrace offers a range of hearing aids for various lifestyles and levels of hearing loss. These are classified into three series.
The X-Series is Receiver in Canal (RIC) and is the most technologically advanced of the Embrace models with Bluetooth and smartphone capabilities.
- X-502: The X-502 is designated as working best for home and small group use. This model includes the ability to connect to smartphones and Bluetooth devices. Settings can be adjusted through a smartphone app. This model has four listening environments, 12 programmable channels, and a three-year warranty.
- X-920: The X-920 is designated by Embrace as working well almost anywhere; this includes noisy places like restaurants and large group gatherings. Like the X-502, this model can connect to smartphones, Bluetooth devices, and it can be controlled by an app. Embrace rates this model as ‘Outstanding,’ with seven listening environments. The X-920 has the added feature of Live Speech Focus that identifies and allows the hearing aids to focus on the voice speaking in an otherwise-noisy environment. It comes with 20 programmable channels and a three-year warranty.
The A-Series is Embrace’s more basic RIC model series for individuals that do not need or want the added advanced smartphone features.
- A-410: The A-410 model is designated as working best at home and with small groups. This model is Bluetooth capable only with the additional purchase of a Bluetooth remote. Volume and programming can be controlled with a button on the hearing aid itself or with an included remote (different from the one for Bluetooth). Embrace rates the A-410 model as ‘Limited,’ with three listening environments. It has ten programmable channels and comes with a two-year warranty.
- A-710: The A-710 model is a step-up in quality and can be useful in noisier environments. Like the A-410, Bluetooth capabilities require an additional remote purchase, and it can be programmed with a button on the hearing aid or with an included remote. Embrace rates the A-710 model as ‘Good,’ with five listening environments. It includes 16 programmable channels and comes with a two-year warranty.
- A-920R: The A-920 model is the most advanced of the A-Series. Like the X-920, the A-920 works in a wide array of noisy places. As a model in the A-Series, it does require the purchase of a separate remote for Bluetooth connectivity and is programmable on the hearing aid itself or with the included remote. Embrace rates this model as ‘Excellent,’ with seven listening environments and includes Live Speech Focus. The A-920 comes with 20 programmable channels and a two-year warranty.
The C-Series is the smallest model series offered by Embrace, being nearly invisible when worn properly.
- C-660: The C-660 model is designated as a high-performance model that works in many noisy environments. While not Bluetooth-capable, this model is programmable with a mobile phone app. Embrace rates this model as ‘Good,’ and it comes with a three-year warranty.
- C-860: The C-860 model is classified, like the X-920 and the A-920R, as providing quality hearing assistance even in the noisiest environments. It can be programmed with an app downloaded onto an iPhone or Android mobile phone and is rated as ‘Excellent’ by Embrace. This model has Live Speech Focus and comes with a three-year warranty.
FYI: According to the Hearing Health Foundation, fewer than 1 in 3 adults over the age of 70 with hearing loss use hearing aids. As technology has progressed, so has the quality of these devices, and today there are many options to cope with hearing loss.
Cost of Embrace Hearing Aids
As with any major purchase, you should carefully consider your lifestyle and needs when it comes to the best hearing aid model for you. While Embrace boasts affordability for the quality of the products they offer, you may also want to check out our list of the most affordable hearing aids.
Embrace, like most hearing aid providers, offers a range of prices depending on the quality and technology of the product.
Embrace Hearing Aids Comparison
|Style||Receiver-in- Canal||Receiver-in-Canal||Receiver-in- Canal||Receiver-in-Canal||Receiver-in-Canal||Invisible-in-Canal||Invisible-in-Canal|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Connects to all Bluetooth devices and smartphones||Connects to all Bluetooth devices and smartphones||Purchase of additional remote required||Purchase of additional remote required||Purchase of additional remote required||None||None|
|Warranty||3 years||3 years||2 years||2 years||2 years||3 years||3 years|
|Unique Features||Smartphone App||Smartphone App, Live Speech Focus||N/A||N/A||Live Speech Focus||Smartphone App||Smartphone App, Live Speech Focus|
How to Purchase Embrace Hearing Aids
As Embrace is an online-only hearing aid company, everything can be done from the comfort of your own home on your personal computer. The first step in purchasing hearing aids from Embrace is to visit their website. A hearing test is required before an order can be placed, and this can be done directly from their website. It is also possible to submit the results of a hearing test done by your doctor, and the Embrace website can even help you find an audiologist in your area.
Then, once you have explored the various models and features, you can place an order online or by calling their toll-free phone number. Embrace will send your custom-programmed order to you in five to eight days. They ship to a number of countries around the world. For payment, Embrace accepts all major credit cards, as well as PayPal. They also offer a number of options for payment plans.
- Smartphone App: This is a free app that works with the X-Series and C-Series models. It is available from the App Store for iPhone and from Google Play for Android. Features include volume and programming control, as well as the ability to make hands-free phone calls when connected to the X-Series models.
- TV Streamers: These accessories allow you to pair your hearing aid with your television so that you can adjust the volume of the program you are watching through your hearing aid without changing the volume in the room. These are available for the X-Series and the A-Series.
- Remotes: Remotes for the A-Series come in premium (with Bluetooth capabilities) and standard versions. The C-Series has only a standard remote available.
- Professional Drying Unit: This is recommended by Embrace, especially for customers that live in humid climates. It uses ultraviolet light to kill germs and effectively dry hearing aids on a nightly basis. This accessory can be used with any Embrace hearing aid model.
- Travel Power Pack: This is a unit that can be used with any model that runs on rechargeable batteries. It provides five to seven days of charging without needing to plug anything into a power outlet.
Embrace Returns and Warranties
Embrace offers a 45-day return policy on all of its hearing aid models. This means that within this time frame, you can send back any undamaged hearing aids for a full refund; Embrace does not charge any restocking or reprogramming fees during this trial period. Refunds are processed within 48 hours of Embrace receiving the return.
Warranties on X and C-Series models last for three years; warranties on the A-Series models are good for two. While Embrace Hearing Aids are under warranty, all defects are covered, as are replacements for rechargeable batteries and receivers. The warranty also covers reprogramming and adjustments during the warranty period.
While you have a warranty, you can get one replacement for a lost or irreparably damaged hearing aid at half price. Returns and replacements can be requested by filling out an online form or calling Embrace at the phone number provided on their website.
FYI: Studies show that there is a connection between hearing loss and a decline in loss of cognitive function in seniors.
Embrace offers affordable options for top-quality products. When it comes to finding the right fit for something as important as a hearing aid, it is best to be well-informed, and there are a number of resources available on the Embrace website (including guides and videos) to help you understand the best product for your needs. They also sell a wide range of accessories to get the best use out of whichever model you choose. While Embrace does not have physical stores or clinics to visit, they are able to keep their costs low by functioning entirely online.
Embrace Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Embrace Hearing Aids work for individuals with severe or profound hearing loss?
Yes. Embrace uses the results of your hearing test to program the model of your choice to work for you, even if you suffer from profound hearing loss.
- Does Embrace offer payment plans for hearing aids?
Embrace accepts all major credit cards as well as payments through PayPal. If you are unable to afford the full cost of your hearing aid, they provide a number of interest-free payment options through systems such as CareCredit and Affirm.
- What if my hearing aid needs to be re-programmed after I have received it?
During the warranty period on your Embrace Hearing Aids, all costs (including shipping) for reprogramming and adjustments are fully covered. Beyond the period of the warranty, customer service can be reached for information about programming problems for as long as you own the hearing aids.
- What will it cost to repair my Embrace Hearing Aids after my warranty is done?
After the warranty period, Embrace will give you an estimate on any repair needed before fixing your hearing aid.
- Are Embrace Hearing Aids covered by my health insurance?
Most health insurance plans do not cover the cost of hearing aids. Check with your provider for details, and be aware that even when hearing aids are covered, they often have to be purchased from specific providers.