Always Best Care Review
Established in 1996 in Sacramento, California, Always Best Care now has over 200 locations in the United States, Europe, and Australia. The company’s mission, however, remains the same: providing compassionate and professional care for older adults and anyone else who needs it.
Always Best Care offers a variety of home care services, both medical and nonmedical. You should contact your local franchise for a full rundown of the services available in your area, but here’s an overview of what you can expect:
- In-home care: Also known as nonmedical care, in-home care with Always Best Care is divided into three categories: companionship, home help, and personal care services. Companionship refers to primarily social interactions, while home helper and personal care consist of help around the house and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Home health care: With this service, skilled nurses and therapists will collaborate to provide an organized, thorough, and customized strategy that meets the health needs of each client. If your loved one has dementia or another chronic illness that requires medical care, then Always Best Care home health services may be good for them.
- Assisted living placement: Always Best Care offers a service to help you find and adapt to an assisted living community.
Each Always Best Care franchise is independently owned and operated, so your experience may vary from ours. Here’s what we found with several different locations:
- Always Best Care costs between $25 and $32 per hour.
- Care needs are assessed through an in-home consultation.
- After the consultation, caregiving can begin within a few days.
- Care visits must be a minimum of four hours long, but there are no weekly minimum commitments.
- In some cases, 24/7 care can be provided, but it depends on caregivers’ availability.
In our experience, Always Best Care works hard to understand the individual needs of each client. Its services are highly flexible, and the company will work with you to find a price that works for your financial situation.
Reviews of Always Best Care are predominantly positive, praising both the quality of care and effective communication. We found a handful of negative reviews, but most families greatly appreciated Always Best Care’s service.
“Always Best Care has been my saving grace over the last week. My grandfather was brought home for hospice care this week, and we scrambled to find some help for him and my grandmother, who is in the early stages of dementia. She has been fairly unreasonable through this process and downright mean at times, but Norma (our caregiver) has been so accommodating and the staff has been so much more patient than anyone should have to be. … I would recommend this company 10 times over. Their ability to work with patients in the hardest mental states is unmatched. There is no way to thank them enough.” —Belmont, Massachusetts
“Rarely do I give a five-star rating to any company, but this is clearly a deserved rating. I would highly recommend Always Best Care of Fort Worth. Their care and attention to detail is excellent. After two and a half years of service to our family, they became an extension to our family. Many times they went above and beyond expectations. They communicated very well with family members.” —Fort Worth, Texas
“Very professional, knowledgeable staff as far as dementia is concerned. Very good with my 87-year-old mom, who is recovering from a heart attack and has dementia.” —Henderson, Nevada