Formerly known as Advanced Home Care, Advanced Home Health is a Medicare-certified agency that provides compassionate home health services and infusion therapy for older adults. It doesn’t offer custodial caregiver or companion services, but it offers a skilled team of nurses, home health aides, and other medical professionals.
If you or a loved one needs health care at home, then Advanced Home Health can likely provide the proper care.
FYI: To learn more about the differences between home health care and in-home care, read our guide to home care.
Advanced Home Health Review
Founded in 1993 as Advanced Home Care, Advanced Home Health has evolved into an agency that exclusively provides home health services. It no longer offers companion care or only assistance with activities of daily living, but it can help people working through medical conditions do so safely in their homes. Based in North Carolina, the company operates 18 offices across the American South.
Advanced Home Health provides a variety of compassionate home health services for seniors, including home infusion, skilled nursing, wound care, fall prevention evaluations, physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Skilled nursing: Advanced Home Health offers skilled nursing, which includes a registered nurse coming to your home to do vitals, a blood pressure check, lab draws, or additional wound care.
- Fall prevention: Advanced Home Care can assist with fall prevention and safety education. A physical therapist can come to your home to help transfer you to your bed or another area of your home, and they can also help with at-home balance and fall prevention exercises.
- Home infusion: Advanced Home Care also offers assistance with home infusion to patients outside a hospital setting. That includes individualized patient care and the safe administration of certain medications and coordinated visits by a registered nurse.
Each Advanced Home Health location is independently owned and operated, so your experience may vary slightly from ours. Here’s what we learned about the company:
- Care through Advanced Home Health can begin only after a referral from a doctor.
- Unlike home care, Advanced Home Health’s services do not require minimum time commitments from clients.
- In many cases, Advanced Home Health services are covered completely by Medicare.
- Home health aides can supplement home health care, but they never provide mere assistance with activities of daily living.
Unlike home care agencies, which arrange service tailored to the desires and needs of the client, Advanced Home Health works through doctor referrals. If you need care from them, then your first step should be to make an appointment with your primary care physician.
Cost and Prices
I was quoted $195 for a one-day visit through private pay, with the possibility of Medicare covering 100 percent of the cost. To confirm the cost, check with your local Advanced Home Health office.
According to Genworth, the typical hourly rate for a home health aide in the region I called is $27.81 an hour for 2022. Since Advanced Home Health can send registered nurses and physical therapists pending a referral, the price for 30 minutes for one day can be expensive.
Advanced Home Health currently services five states: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. To learn more about the company or to arrange its services, contact them at 800-643-6656 to begin the referral process.
To learn more about home care services and the ways to care for your loved ones, check out our guides.