Seniors Helping Seniors Review
Founded in 1998 in Pennsylvania, Seniors Helping Seniors aims to provide compassionate home care to aging adults in their homes, allowing them to age gracefully and independently. The company operates over 100 franchise locations throughout the country and internationally.
Powered by a caregiving staff of older adults, Seniors Helping Seniors offers in-home companionship, light housekeeping, personal care assistance, pet care, and medication reminders. In addition to these in-home care services, senior caregivers can provide specialized care for individuals with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s.
- Personal care and daily living assistance: Caregivers can help with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, eating and drinking, toileting, bathing, and mobility.
- Companionship: Older adults are likely to experience isolation. Caregivers from Seniors Helping Seniors can provide companionship in the form of reading, playing games, and other ways to stay mentally engaged.
- Correspondence: In addition to personal care services, a caregiver can sort through your mail and help you stay updated on cards, letters, and bills.
- Appointments: Caregivers can provide transportation to doctor visits, the salon, or other important appointments.
Each Seniors Helping Seniors location is independently owned and operated, so your experience may differ from ours. Here’s what we learned from our time with the company:
- Seniors Helping Seniors tends to cost between $28 and $30 per hour.
- The company’s caregivers receive extensive caregiver training, and they pass rigorous background checks.
- Caregivers must be 60 or older.
- Care needs are assessed through an in-home consultation.
- Seniors Helping Seniors accepts payment through private funds and long-term care insurance.
We found the reps from Seniors Helping Seniors to be patient and friendly, helping us navigate the often complicated territory of home care and taking the time to suggest appropriate options for our situation.
Through our online research, we found that most people appreciated the expertise and compassion demonstrated by Seniors Helping Seniors. Many clients also loved being cared for by someone closer to their age.
“The most compassionate caregivers in East Tennessee. They are with you from the beginning, through the best times and the most difficult times. Very experienced and professional, prepare meals, and provide transportation, daily hygiene, and bathing! If you are looking for a caregiver, look no further than Seniors Helping Seniors!” —Knoxville, Tennessee
“I am giving Seniors Helping Seniors five stars because they are terrific! The owner, Tina, truly cares about her clients, and passes that passion on to her caregivers. When my mother started to need extra help, like most people, I tried to find caregivers on my own. That was extremely stressful and time-consuming. When I found Seniors Helping Seniors, it was life-changing! It freed me up so I didn’t have to worry about interviewing, scheduling, or replacing. Our caregivers genuinely care about my mother. Tina and her staff will do their best to match up the best caregivers for each client according to their needs. This service has exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend Seniors Helping Seniors!” —Smyrna, Georgia
“I needed unexpected all-night help over a holiday weekend. I called Rob on very short notice. He came through for me and my terminally ill family member. The caregiver he provided was a wonderful, compassionate woman. Perfect for the situation! I’m grateful I connected with this company. I would absolutely call again if need be.” —Reading, Pennsylvania