Granny Nannies Review
Founded in 1990 by Rob and Kirsten Hodgson, Granny Nannies began with a mission to provide affordable and effective care to older adults. Granny Nannies now has about 30 franchises that provide care to adults living both at home and in senior care communities.
Granny Nannies offers a variety of in-home services, such as personal care, 24-hour home care, social-isolation care, stroke-recovery care, and specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and heart disease.
- Chronic lung disease care: Caregivers can assist individuals with chronic lung disease and help maintain quality of life. Services include preparing meals, performing light housekeeping, and taking clients to doctor’s appointments.
- Parkinson’s home care: Caregivers at Granny Nannies provide assistance to individuals with Parkinson’s in the comfort of their homes. They can assist with supervision, meal preparation, and mobility exercises.
- 24/7 home care: Granny Nannies offers round-the-clock support. By rotating three caregivers, the service can ensure that you are never without support.
- Hospice care: Granny Nannies can provide compassionate hospice care 24 hours a day. The service includes emotional and spiritual support to enhance quality of life, as well as symptom management, family support, and bereavement support.
Each Granny Nannies location is independently owned and operated, but we reached out to several offices to get a general overview of the company’s services. Here’s what we found:
- Granny Nannies’ services cost roughly $23 to $24 per hour.
- Caregiver visits must be a minimum of four hours on weekdays and six hours on weekends.
- Caregiver needs are assessed through a free in-home consultation.
- All caregivers are certified home health aides or certified nursing assistants.
- In addition to helping with activities of daily living, caregivers can also aid in transport for errands and appointments.
Overall, we were pleased with the professionalism and compassion displayed by Granny Nannies’ representatives. They patiently walked us through each of our options and explained how they can serve us.
Looking at Granny Nannies reviews online, we found that most clients were pleased with the caregivers’ promptness and professionalism. In particular, many clients caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia found the support incredibly helpful.
“I am so impressed with all aspects of my experience with Granny Nannies, from my initial call to the online registration process to the caregivers helping my mom recover from severe exhaustion and dehydration. Marie is her permanent caregiver. She is personable and qualified, and she’s taking a proactive approach to helping my mom recover. My anxiety level is much decreased knowing I have a partner in helping my mom.” —Tampa, Florida
“Granny Nannies helped us out with our 92-year-old father. They were fabulous. Professional, on time, very compassionate, and dedicated to his needs. I highly recommend them and would use them again. It was easy to arrange the help we needed. Their administrative staff is also very professional and responsive.” —Orlando, Florida
“Granny Nannies took care of my dad, who suffered from Alzheimer’s, with round-the-clock nurses who were patient, kind, and caring to him for years. Even though he was unable to walk or talk near the end, they were loving to the end. I thank you for your help during this trying time, and would highly recommend Granny Nannies and give them five stars for their rating.” —Longwood, Florida