Home Helpers Review
Founded in Ohio in 1997, Home Helpers has expanded to over a hundred locations in 40 states. Through its team of compassionate caregivers, the company’s goal is to provide care that allows older adults to live independently and comfortably in their homes. In addition to caring for seniors, Home Helpers also offers services for new mothers, working parents, and individuals who need recuperative care.
Home Helpers services include personal care, companion care, stroke recovery care, wellness calls, 24-hour shift care, live-in care, respite care, and specialized services for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Live-in care: If needed, caregivers can reside in your home and provide additional assistance throughout the day. Home Helpers can also provide 24-hour shift care, in which you will see multiple caregivers throughout the day without any gaps in care coverage.
- Nutrition and well-being: Home Helpers caregivers are committed to making sure you follow a healthy, balanced diet. In addition to providing companionship, they can prepare nutritious meals.
- Wellness calls: Caregivers provide additional companionship through daily or weekly wellness calls. This accountability service is great for checking in on your health and wellness.
- Support for stroke recovery: Caregivers from Home Helpers can offer support if you’re recovering from a stroke. By creating a personalized care plan, they help you reach ideal recovery outcomes.
Each Home Helpers franchise is independently owned and operated, so your experience and prices may vary from ours. That said, here’s what we experienced:
- Home Helpers services cost between $25 and $30 per hour.
- Caregiver visits must be at least two hours long.
- All caregivers are thoroughly background checked.
- Home Helpers tries to keep you with the same caregiver, but it’s not always possible, particularly if you have only one or two visits per week.
Overall, I was pleased with the service I received from Home Helpers. Its call agents were friendly and knowledgeable, assuring me they could quickly dispatch a caregiver after an initial in-home visit.
Based on our research into others’ experiences with Home Helpers, it seems most clients appreciate the compassion and expertise of the company’s caregivers. In particular, reviewers praised the kindness of Home Helpers caregivers.
“Our family was fortunate to find Home Helpers in Easton, Pennsylvania. The caregivers were skilled and compassionate, and provided peace of mind in my father-in-law’s final days. We are so grateful to Brian and Vicki for their extraordinary help.” —Easton, Pennsylvania
“I highly recommend Home Helpers if you or your loved one requires caregiving. Due to my wife’s illness and my inability to care for her on a 24-hour basis, Home Helpers was recommended by her primary physician. … The caregivers they scheduled were all wonderfully dedicated and caring people. We settled on two ladies who assisted my wife eight hours each day. They brought a smile to her face each morning when they arrived and sadness when they departed. They were thoughtful, courteous, very caring, and all-around good people. We adopted them into our family.” —Frank H., Thousand Oaks, California
“They take care of my walker and open the door for me. They are there for me all the time. I like that the people are very nice and prompt. I have not had any problems at all.” —Garden City, Idaho