MDHearingAid at a Glance
MDHearing Aids are FDA-registered, medical-grade devices specifically designed for those with mild to moderately severe hearing loss. Shopping online or by phone is simple, and they have a dedicated US-based customer service center with hearing instrument specialists to guide buyers through every step. The company offers financing with monthly payment plans and a free 45-day home trial.
Currently, MDHearingAid offers three different devices: MDHearingAid AIR, MDHearingAid VOLT+, MDHearingAid CORE.
The AIR model from MDHearingAid is their basic digital model and also their best-selling unit out of all four options. The cost for a pair of AIR devices starts at $399.99. This unit utilizes advanced digital technology and has an omnidirectional microphone for superior sound capabilities and noise separation in busy or loud environments. In addition to a long-lasting battery that can last for up to 26 days, our favorite features of the AIR include:
- Feedback Cancellation: AIR eliminates the high-pitched frequency that often emits from hearing devices.
- Multiple Sound Environment Settings: Users will be able to use MDHearingAir within noisy, quiet, and social situations with ease.
- Digital Sound Processing: Rather than amplifying every single sound, this feature can detect and hone in on individual voice signals accurately.
The VOLT+ model offers the same digital sound processing, advanced noise reduction, and feedback cancellation features as the AIR, in addition to some perks. It is the only MDHearingAid model that is also rechargeable. At $599.99 for a pair of MDHearingAid VOLT+ devices, the technological advances make that extra investment well worthwhile for most users. Its features include:
- Rechargeable Batteries: MDHearingAid VOLT+ devices have up to 24 hours of battery life on a single charge. The magnetic charging base provides indicating lights for easy charging.
- More Advanced Sound Environment Options: The VOLT+ has four sound selections to allow the user to adjust to different environments
- Dual Directional Microphones: Advanced mic technology has tremendous background noise reduction qualities while clarifying important conversations and sounds.
- Water Resistance: With an IP57 water-resistance rating, the VOLT+ is great for users prone to sweat or even those who wish to wear their hearing aids in the bathroom.
The MDHearingAid CORE comes with perks such as smartphone compatibility, customizable sound settings, and top-notch sound technology. Compared to similarly-featured devices, the CORE is a great deal at $799.99 each or $999.99 per pair. Users enjoy a four- to six-day battery life, depending on how often smart features are employed. The CORE hearing aid is wholly adaptable and fully customizable for one’s needs, meaning it’s comparable to having a personal audiologist right in your ear. The LifeEar App makes it easy to create one or more personal profile preferences for an ideal experience every day in any environment.
Apart from water-resistance, the MDHearingAid CORE hearing devices boast all the features of the VOLT+ and more, including:
- Personalized Hearing Options: This smart hearing aid creates a sound ‘map’ of each user’s hearing patterns, which are then processed through the LifeEar App to self-customize.
- Smartphone Compatibility: The CORE lets users control functions with their free app available on Google Play and iTunes.