FirstLight Home Care Review
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, FirstLight Home Care is a non-medical home care company co- founded by Jeff Bevis and his son in 2010. The mission of this company is to nurture and create personal connections with a “people-first philosophy” to home care. As a leading provider of home care services, FirstLight Home Care is committed to providing essential services to aging seniors and those recovering from an illness or injury.
FirstLight Home Care Services offers a variety of essential home care services for aging seniors, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those with busy schedules who need a little more help around the house. Some of the services they provide include companion care, personal care, dementia and Alzheimer’s care, respite care, and travel companion care.
- Respite Care: FirstLight Home Care Services offers respite care for family caregivers to ensure loved ones are taken care of while they rest and take some time off to recharge. Services include assistance to family caregivers and elderly loved ones by taking on tasks such as laundry, light housekeeping, medication reminders, and meal preparation.
- Personal Care: FirstLight Home Care provides a variety of personal care services to help a client maintain dignity and independence. Services include bathing and hygiene, walking and mobility assistance, toileting care, meal prep, and eating assistance for adults with physical and emotional challenges.
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care: FirstLight Home Care takes a personalized approach to specialized dementia and Alzheimer’s care. Their unique programs are intended to help create one-on-one care plans that help your loved ones feel comfortable.
- Travel Companion Care: If you have a loved one who needs assistance during their travels, then a FirstLight caregiver can accompany them. FirstLight is one of the few at-home care agencies that offers this service.
While each FirstLight Home Care office will have slightly different prices and policies, you can expect the following from your local branch.
- FirstLight caregivers will cost between $30-$35 per hour.
- Patients must book services with a minimum of four hours per visit.
- Care is booked through a service agreement (rather than a contract), meaning you can cease or pause care at any time.
- To begin care, a FirstLight representative will conduct an in-home assessment.
- Despite national shortages of caregivers, FirstLight has plenty of caregivers (skilled and unskilled) on staff.
Based on online reviews such as the following, in addition to our research, we can glean that FirstLight Home Care provides high-quality, personalized services to its clients. Many of the reviews emphasize how compassionate, patient, and prompt caregivers are. This is particularly true when providing quality assistance following an injury or health condition requiring an extended caregiving stay. Here is a selection of online reviews.
“I had major surgery and they were awesome!!! They were very caring and came to my home, took great care of me and drove me to my doctor appointments. I would recommend them to anyone needing assistance!” – Los Angeles, CA
“Currently, my grandfather is doing great and tells me that the staff truly accommodates his needs. I cannot even express the appreciation I have for Charles and the team at FirstLight. Orange. 5/5 stars most definitely and will certainly be recommending this organization to anyone who is in a similar situation as me.” – Orange, CA
“Our experience was great, they were very attentive, responsive and have great communication. We needed them at such short notice and we felt they were able to get it done quickly and efficiently; we would use them in the future.” – Pasadena, CA
“We have had FirstLight caregivers for about a year now and just yesterday my husband went into hospice care and I extended our caregiver's hours to help us. There is nothing like having a loving, trusted, and dependable friend to help in a situation like this. Cynthia is family now. My husband doesn't want her to leave when it's time and is so glad to see her when she arrives … Thanks, FirsLight!” – Woodbridge, VA