Amada Senior Care Review
Since its founding in San Clemente, California, in 2007, Amada Senior Care has continued to provide compassionate senior home care to aging adults. In addition, it has helped families navigate financial assistance programs for senior housing and assisted living facilities. They are considered experts when it comes to navigating the senior care system and helping families make informed decisions about the care they need.
In addition to placing clients with assisted living communities, Amada Senior Care offers four main services related to senior care:
- In-home senior care: Amada Senior Care caregivers provide a variety of in-home senior care services to aging adults. They can assist with daily tasks such as cooking, light housekeeping, toileting, non-medical help, bathing, and medication reminders.
- Financial care coordination: As the go-to resource for senior care services, Amada is one of the few service providers who offer expert financial care advising for seniors. Their care advisors help seniors navigate the process of affordable financing options.
- Long-term care insurance claims: Amada Senior Care also helps families file long-term care insurance claims and manage long-term care policies. They can also conduct complimentary research and provide long-term care insurance policy analysis.
- Home monitoring: Amada Senior Care has their own PERS system – the Amada Connect 24/7 – to help seniors stay safe and prepared for emergencies or serious falls.
With over 100 locations throughout the U.S., each Amada Senior Care office will have slightly different prices, services and policies. That said, here’s what you can expect overall.
- Amada caregivers cost $33 per hour, and payments should be made on a biweekly basis.
- Amada requires a minimum of four hours per visit, but there are no weekly minimums.
- After signing a service agreement, care can begin within three days.
- Amada caregivers can assist with activities of daily living, including medication reminders, household chores, meal preparation and cooking.
Online, many people post about positive experiences with Amada Senior Care, particularly when it comes to navigating the financial aspects of home care.
“I live in the northeast, but my aunt is in Orange County. After she had a fall, we realized she wouldn't be able to live by herself anymore. Her dementia had also started to worsen so my family was pretty concerned about her overall… My aunt had a long-term care insurance policy that she didn't know how to activate, but Amada was able to file the claim and handle all the paperwork for us.” – Levittown, NY
“I know that the people are responsible, and I know that my loved one is getting good care. They're there when I can't be. The caregivers who take care of my loved one are wonderful, and they're able to find people for us at the last minute.” – Fort Collins, CO
“This is a wonderful company. Their caregivers are truly caring and compassionate. My neighbor has had them for eight months, and I see a complete difference in his life. He has become more active in his daily life. His caregiver prepares food for him, cleans, and takes him to his weekly church services. I’m happy that the companionship has improved his quality of life in so many ways.” – Jackson, MS