Homewatch CareGivers Review
Founded in Denver in 1980, Homewatch CareGivers has expanded to locations in 40 states.
The company’s mission is to deliver first-rate, safe, and compassionate in-home care that preserves dignity and independence.
Homewatch CareGivers offers an impressive array of services, including basic personal care services that help with activities of daily living such as toileting, hygiene, and mobility. It also offers specialized care services, including dementia care, post-surgical care, chronic illness care, respite care, and 24-hour home care.
Homewatch also offers:
- Nursing consultations: Unlike most home care agencies, Homewatch offers nursing consultation services. With this service, registered nurses coordinate advanced care and create a comprehensive care plan that meets your needs, including in-home safety equipment, medication regimens, nutrition, and specialized training for caregivers.
- ShareCare: The Homewatch ShareCare program enables you to order the specific services you need (depending on location) for as little as 30 minutes and as much as 24 hours of care per day.
- Short-term care: Homewatch offers short-term care solutions to provide personal care, companionship, housekeeping, and transportation services until you recover from surgery or move to a senior care community. The company also offers respite care to assist family caregivers when the workload becomes too much.
- Dementia care: Homewatch’s holistic care plans for dementia are designed to improve well-being and ensure safety. These caregivers focus on maintaining a safe environment in the house, promoting physical activity, and providing companionship, mental engagement, personal care, and medication management.
Each Homewatch CareGivers franchise will vary slightly in terms of services, but here is what we found in our experience with Texas locations.
- Homewatch services cost between $27 and $30 per hour.
- Care needs are assessed through an in-home visit.
- Caregivers can be placed within 24 hours of the in-home visit.
- In most cases, each client is assigned two caregivers: a primary caregiver and a secondary one as a backup.
- Caregiving visits must be at least four hours long.
What stood out most was how quickly Homewatch was able to dispatch a caregiver. With ongoing shortages of caregivers, few agencies are able to provide such prompt service. If you’re looking for home care quickly, then Homewatch CareGivers is a good option.
Based on these online reviews, Homewatch CareGivers employees are communicative and responsive to questions. Even when a caregiver didn’t work out, the company immediately replaced them. Many customers praised the caregivers’ dedication and work ethic, remarking that they cared for individuals as if they were family.
“Our dad has been under Homewatch CareGivers’ care for several months. We live in New York; he lived in Florida. The agency became my dad’s surrogate family in Florida. They have the most amazing team of healthcare providers and aides we have ever encountered. They gave us such peace of mind… They would FaceTime us so we could see him and get a good sense of how well they were taking care of him. We couldn’t be more pleased with everything that you did for our dad.” —Boca Raton, Florida
“We used their services for my grandmother before she recently went into a nursing home. Everyone in the office was very pleasant and always seemed to know what they were doing. When they came out to meet her, they really got to know her well. I think we had their people for about five months. The majority of them were really nice. There was one caregiver we didn’t care for, but they replaced her as soon as we called to talk about it. (She didn’t do anything wrong; she just didn’t click with my grandma.) Everyone was on time and they looked for things to do without being told. I would recommend this company!” —Boulder, Colorado
“I find Homewatch CareGivers to be extremely responsive to my questions and my disabled sister’s needs. I have a lot of faith in them and they have made my life so much easier. I would recommend them to anyone, and I have actually referred them to two close friends who were in need of this type of service.” —Bridgewater, New Jersey