Right at Home Review
Right at Home is a global franchise network that provides in-home care and assistance to older adults who want to age in place. Right at Home’s mission has always been to improve the quality of life for seniors through compassionate in-home care.
Founded in 1995 by Allen Hager, Right at Home was created to help seniors recover at home from hospital stays. Today, the company’s global office is in Omaha, Nebraska, with more than 400 franchise locations throughout the U.S. and over 4,000 employees.
Right at Home provides comprehensive home care services for aging seniors and individuals with disabilities. Services include companion care, personal care, nursing care, and specialty care for older adults with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or Parkinson’s.
- Nursing care: Right at Home offers skilled nursing care assistance in the comfort of your own home to enhance your quality of life. The service provides one-on-one medical support from qualified professionals for individuals with chronic health issues. Other services in this category include medication management, in-home nurse visits, and medical assessments from registered nurses.
- Specialty care: In addition to personal care and companion services, Right at Home offers specialty care services for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia, including assistance to older adults who have transitioned from the hospital to the home.
- Personal care: Right at Home offers assistance with daily living tasks such as personal hygiene and bathing. Caregivers can also provide mobility assistance, safety supervision, and meal preparation.
Each Right at Home franchise is independently owned and operated, so your experience may vary slightly by location. Here’s what we learned from contacting several local offices.
- Right at Home care costs between $30 and $33 per hour, but the rate may vary by type of care. Skilled nursing, for example, costs more.
- Right at Home requires no contracts. Instead, it requires patients to fill out a service agreement.
- Caregivers can generally start within one week.
- Right at Home requires minimum hourly or weekly commitments for care, but scheduling visits of at least three hours will ensure you have the same caregiver each time.
We were pleased with the prompt and knowledgeable people we spoke to from Right at Home, and we appreciated that its caregivers will abide by additional Covid-19 protocols such as vaccinations and masks.
In our research, we found that many customers were satisfied with the level of care offered by Right at Home. Whether it’s a recovery from an injury or transition from the hospital to the home, Right at Home appears to excel at meeting the needs of older adults.
“I recently suffered an injury that caused us to need care for my husband, who is a quadriplegic. … My husband has a lot of different care issues with his injury, and the caregivers Right at Home sent out to us have all been thoughtful and experienced. … I would recommend Right at Home to anyone needing in-home care for themselves or a loved one.” —Rancho Cucamonga, California
“My family recently had the pleasure of working with Right at Home to help provide care and assistance to my father. Everyone we dealt with was incredibly helpful and compassionate. … They were just the kindest, most caring people. They would call just to check in on our father even when we had to suspend services, just because they cared.” —Chicago
“Nasja was assigned to my home to help with the care of my 96-year-old dad. I have been so impressed with her that I wanted to take the time to write a review. From the start, she listened patiently to my concerns and willingly jumped in to care for my dad as directed. … Additionally, she is sweet, kind, and compassionate. You can tell that what she does is truly from her heart. I am so grateful to have such a caring individual work so wonderfully with my family!” —Seattle