- Live Professionals: SimpliSafe’s 24/7 monitoring staff calls when trouble is detected. They stay on the phone until the problem is solved or help arrives, a necessity for this reviewer. Having people monitor the system makes me feel incredibly safe, as if I had a 24-hour doorman.
- Visual Verification: There is the option to include visual verification to any monitoring plan, which allows SimpliSafe professionals to verify the alarm is real and dispatch help faster. This prevents unnecessary dispatches; a feature that put me at ease.
- Month to Month Payments: Unlike companies like ADT, which require a minimum three-year contract, there are no long-term contracts with SimpliSafe. I could either pay a monthly fee of $14.99 for the Standard monitoring plan or $24.99 per month for the Interactive one.
- Expect the Unexpected: No matter how much we prepare, there are situations out of our control. SimpliSafe is ready in case of power outages, Wi-Fi outages or natural disasters. In case of a power outage, SimpliSafe’s base station’s battery remains fully functional for up to 24 hours.
- Entire Home Monitoring: With outdoor and doorbell camera options, smart locks and window/lawn signs letting outsiders know you have a home security system, I can sleep easy at night knowing the entire home, both the indoors and outdoors, is protected.
- Smart Home Capabilities: SimpliSafe is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, August Locks, and even Apple Watches. There is also an app that allows you to turn the system on when you aren’t home. That being said, if this is a high priority on your list, I think Vivint still has the best smart home features.
- Sleek Look: SimpliSafe’s base system is modern in design and comes in white or black. The sensors are designed to blend in, so the security system doesn’t detract from the decor.
- Detects People, Not Pets: The system uses precise motion sensors, so it knows when a person is moving as opposed to a pet. This was extremely refreshing to learn, giving me confidence my system won’t be triggered unintentionally.
Join for Free
Members get updates like best products for seniors and senior discounts delivered right to their inbox for free.