2. Medical Guardian - Best Cellular Coverage
What We Like Most:
- Excellent customer service
- No long-term contracts or setup fees
- $10 per month for extra fall detection
- GPS location technology
- Activity monitoring
For over 10 years, Medical Guardian systems have been some of our favorites. Combining durability with ease of use, their medical alert devices are an ideal way to keep your loved ones safe.
- All-in-one mobile system
- Landline and cellular options
- Smartwatch option
- Accurate location tracking
- Fall detection available on most systems
- No long-term contracts
- Free month of service on annual subscriptions
- Up to seven-day mobile battery life
- Occasional false alarms with fall detection
- Limited activity monitoring
Medical Guardian GPS Systems
Currently, Medical Guardian offers four different GPS-equipped medical alert systems: Mini Guardian, Mobile Guardian, Active Guardian, and their Freedom Guardian smartwatch. All of these devices feature cellular connections, water resistance, and an unlimited range of access to Medical Guardian’s U.S.-based monitoring center.
Active Guardian is, by far, our favorite. In our tests, this device lasted for nearly six days on a single charge, more than any other mobile medical alert. Additionally, when we brought this device outdoors and made test calls, its combination of Wi-Fi and GPS tracking provided highly accurate location results.
The Active Guardian starts at $44.95 per month, making it more costly than the other GPS systems on this list; however, with its combination of durability, long battery life, and stellar location tracking, Active Guardian is our top overall GPS medical alert.
To learn more, read my hands-on Active Guardian review.
Pro Tip: In addition to GPS systems, Medical Guardian also offers some stellar in-home medical alert systems. Read my Medical Guardian analysis for more information about these devices.