3. Medical Guardian - Best Mobile Device
What We Like Most:
- Excellent customer service
- No long-term contracts or setup fees
- $10 per month for extra fall detection
- GPS location technology
- Activity monitoring
Medical Guardian is both well known and well liked, offering a range of modern, powerful medical alert options for seniors at all stages of life. Every system is designed for easy use.
All four of Medical Guardian’s mobile units — Mobile Guardian, Active Guardian, MGMove, and Mini Guardian — have a two-way speaker. Mobile Guardian is a GPS unit with a two-way device and a separate help button too. Active Guardian is a combined, all-inclusive GPS and Wi-Fi unit device, which means there’s no need for a separate button. Mini Guardian features the same functionality as the Active Guardian but it’s in a smaller size, and the MGMove watch offers protection in a discreet package.
In terms of battery life, the Active Guardian has the longest one I’ve seen in a mobile unit, lasting up to seven days in our tests. The Mini Guardian also boasts an impressive five-day battery life.
Medical Guardian prices are also reasonable, starting at $39.95 per month for the Mini Guardian and $44.95 for the Active Guardian. None of their systems require long-term contracts; however, you can receive discounts if you pay on an annual or quarterly basis, as opposed to monthly.
To learn more about this company, read my full review of Medical Guardian. Also, check out my hands-on review of Active Guardian.
- All-in-one mobile system
- Landline and cellular options
- Smartwatch option
- Accurate location tracking
- Fall detection available on most systems
- No long-term contracts
- Free month of service on annual subscriptions
- Up to seven-day mobile battery life
- Occasional false alarms with fall detection
- Limited activity monitoring